top of page

Group

Public·50 members

M Apktool: A Powerful Tool for Android Reverse Engineering and Modding

In addition to updating the package to 2.6.1, the source for apktool-install-linux-r04-brut1.tar.bz2 may need to be changed. When I tried installing just now connortumbleson.com was down. The file is currently still available at: ://connortumbleson.com/apktool/googlecode/apktool-install-linux-r04-brut1.tar.bz2

Installation, no matter what OS you are using, is a matter of downloading Apktool and the Apktool install files, unpacking them, and then installing it with admin/root permissions. Apktool for your OS can be downloaded from -apktool/. In this example apktool-install-linux-r05-ibot.tar.bz2 and apktool1.5.2.tar.bz2 are downloaded for Ubuntu. Extract the contents to reveal three files in total: aapt, apktool and apktool.jar.

m apktool

I started my exploration from there. I used the output of JADX to explore where this parameter was being populated. This is where having the decompiled source code was really useful. The file structure in the apktool output and jadx output is the same so we can explore the output of JADX to help us figure out where to insert the debug statements in smali.

:$ apktool build '/home/...' I: Checking whether sources has changed... I: Checking whether resources has changed... I: Building resources... Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: aapt, p, -F, /tmp/APKTOOL3418222472327622786.tmp, -I, /home/apktool/framework/1.apk, -S, /home/.../ /home/.../AndroidManifest.xml] at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:255) at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:324) at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:269) at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:192) at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:174) at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:188) at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:70) Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, /tmp/APKTOOL3418222472327622786.tmp, -I, /home/.../.../framework/1.apk, -S, /home/.../.../res, -M, /home/.../.../AndroidManifest.xml] at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:87) at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:253) ... 6 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "aapt": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:475) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:610) at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:483) at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:78) ... 7 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory at java.lang.UNIXProcess.(UNIXProcess.java:164) at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:81) at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:468) ... 10 more

How to use m apktool for Android to decompile and modify APKs

Download m apktool for free from SourceForge

Learn how to add a backdoor to any Android APK with m apktool and Metasploit

Debug smali code with m apktool and Kali Linux

M apktool vs other reverse engineering tools for Android

How to install m apktool on Windows, Mac, or Linux

How to update m apktool to the latest version

How to fix common errors and issues with m apktool

How to customize and theme Android apps with m apktool

How to decode and rebuild resources with m apktool

How to use m apktool with other Android development tools

How to extract and edit manifest and permissions with m apktool

How to sign and align APKs with m apktool and zipalign

How to patch and crack Android apps with m apktool

How to use m apktool for Android malware analysis and forensics

How to create and apply patches with m apktool and diffutils

How to use m apktool with GitHub and GitLab

How to use m apktool with ADB and Fastboot

How to use m apktool with Java and Gradle

How to use m apktool with Python and Ruby

How to use m apktool with C# and Xamarin

How to use m apktool with Kotlin and Jetpack Compose

How to use m apktool with Flutter and Dart

How to use m apktool with React Native and JavaScript

How to use m apktool with Cordova and HTML5

How to use m apktool with Ionic and Angular

How to use m apktool with NativeScript and Vue.js

How to use m apktool with Xamarin.Forms and C#

How to use m apktool with Unity and C#

How to use m apktool with Unreal Engine and C++

How to use m apktool with GameMaker Studio and GML

How to use m apktool with Construct 3 and JavaScript

How to use m apktool with Godot Engine and GDScript

How to use m apktool with RPG Maker MV and JavaScript

How to use m apktool with Ren'Py and Python

How to use m apktool with Twine and HTML5

How to use m apktool with Stencyl and Haxe

How to use m apktool with Corona SDK and Lua

How to use m apktool with LibGDX and Java

How to use m apktool with Cocos2d-x and C++

How to use m apktool with Phaser 3 and JavaScript

How to use m apktool with Pixi.js and JavaScript

How to use m apktool with Babylon.js and JavaScript

How to use m apktool with Three.js and JavaScript

How to use m apktool with PlayCanvas and JavaScript

How to use m apktool with GDevelop 5 and JavaScript

How to use m apktool with Defold and Lua

How to use m apktool with PICO-8 and Lua

As of apktool v1.5.1 I added support for passing the path to apktool via --aapt/-a, so on rebuild just use apktool b --aapt /path/to/aapt nameofapkfolder. So update your apktool and forget messing around with path variables.

3. In current folder (where you store the LÖVE APK), open Command Prompt/Terminal in the current directory and execute apktool d -s -o love_decoded love-11.3-android-embed.apk and new folder love_decoded will be created. You can use any folder name, just make sure to make it consistent in later operations.

This can be done by hand using apktool: just disassemble the APK, edit AndroidManifest.xml, rebuild and (re)sign the APK. Objection makes this much easier, just use patchapk with the --enable-debug flag, so I did:

First, I thought, this must have been an issue with apktool, so I tried to narrow the range possible causes by using my time machine: 5 years ago I wrote a blog post about quick and dirty Android binary XML edits so I tried to follow that by doing nothing but deleting the META-INF directory and (re)signing the APK with no other modifications. Yet I had the just same crash as above.

Searching on the web resulted in issues with references to the META-INF/services directory, and listing the contents of the original APK revealed that indeed there were many other files in the META-INF directory besides those needed for JAR-style signature verification (*.RSA, *.SF and MANIFEST.MF). As it turned out, this is also what apktool does:

Since Objection uses apktool as well, I wrote a third patch and submitted it as a pull request. The only thing needed was a check to see if there were any files in the META-INF directory of the original APK (carefully saved to the subdirectory original/META-INF by apktool) that have nothing to do with signature verification. If anything matched this filter, they got appended to the APK after apktool processed it but before signing it with jarsigner by Objection.

So, with a normal apk, if you use unzip/dex2jar/decompiler/apktool correctly, everthing should be there. If not, it would be best if you provided a link to the apk, because something weird might be going on with yours, but there's no way to tell unless you give us a chance to look at your specific apk.

This will unpack the package into a directory named game-apktool. It will also decode various XML files such as AndroidManifest.xml. And it will translate the code into Smali which is a kind of assembler language.

Now I have a game-procyon directory with the easy to read but not always entirely correct Java code of the game. The game-apktool directory is more complete, and its Smali code is more reliable because closer to the source.

So this class is being called via the Java reflection API which complicates affairs. A search for the class name in the game-apktool directory finds it in the global-metadata.dat file. The conclusion is: this is being called from inside the Unity engine. So there is no way around understanding its code as well. This is relevant for the impact of the vulnerabilities above as well.

After That type apktool in the terminal to verify if its working and then if you see this on top. Picked up JAVAOPTIONS: -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on -Dswing.aatext=true

In this post I gradually build knowledge and show you how to decompile an application with JADX and how to patch an application automaticallly with APKLab. I end the article by showing you how to patch and app manually with apktool, keytool and jarsigner.

We've already seen what disassembling is and how it works, so I won't go into too much details about apktool apart from showing you how to use it. On the other hand we've never addressed the topic of application signing.

You can do such a thing using a preferred IDE as well (like Android Studio, Eclips, IntelIiJ IDEA, ect.) but for that you need basic programming knowledge and doing the same will need some time also for generating a new apk with new package name. But you can do the same without any programming knowledge and with minimal time using apktool.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page